Friday, April 11, 2014

FCF Athlete of the Month is...

Gavian has been a hard working athlete since he entered our gym late 2013. He's become April's Athlete of the Month because of his eagerness to work, and for the fun he has in class!

Gavian W yoking

How did you find CrossFit?

I had a gym membership and a regular appointment with a personal trainer but there wasn't the community aspect to it that I was used to from doing team spots. CrossFit had a reputation of being a fun, open, encouraging community an that is what drew me to it.

How long have you been working out with FCF?

Since October 2013 with a nice gradual ramp up in frequency.

What class time do you frequent?

7:30 PM usually but I like to get in earlier if I can. All the classes are awesome but 7:30 seems to be the serious getting it done class!

Do you have a favorite CrossFit exercise? Least favorite?

Squats are awesome because I can do them, burpees suck because burpees suck.

What keeps you coming back to the gym?

I was coming to lose weight, now I go to move weight. Ha! I like the atmosphere, it's fun, and I feel great afterwards no matter how dirty the work out was. One thing I like is that I only have to focus on showing up - everything else is taken care of once I get there.

Any outside-the-gym activities?

Running, biking, Paleo.

Favorite motivational quote?

“Your time is limited, don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma, which is living the result of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other opinions drown your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition, they somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” - Steve Jobs


----


Upcoming Events:
----

WOD for Champagne Friday 4/11

CGO 13.2

as many reps as possible in 10 minutes:
5 shoulder-to-overhead, 52/34kg
10 deadlifts, 52/34kg
15 box jumps, 24/20"

Post score to whiteboard/the Cody app.

----


----

No comments: