Monday, November 25, 2013

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You.

I’d like to thank all the athletes: thank you for making this day so special. I hope you had the opportunity to prove how much of a badass motherf*cker you are to yourself.

To my volunteers and my staff: thank you for making this possible and supporting me when I needed it, even if I said I didn’t.

To Sandi and Lee: thanks for providing care for our participants today.

To Anastasia: thank you for setting up the food drive with STAND UP FOR KIDS. It's awesome because it's for the kids!

To Muscle Milk: thanks for donating to our food drive!

To all my Firebreathers: first, thanks for dealing with me. Second, remember that you guys lead by example and by that, I mean you challenge yourselves to new and scary places- to levels where you're not sure of yourselves. But because of that you inspire others to follow your lead. It's going to be tough- keep up the hard work. Then we get to show off at competitions and throw downs that aren't "friendly competition". Remind yourselves that YOU are the trailblazers.

Jake A and Marley: thank you for being my social media team. To Paolo: your work is always met with high excitement and held with high regard. Thanks for capturing the event and I’m sure I speak for everyone when I say we’re pumped to see some photos… and the video!

To Mario: thanks for being that extra set of hands when I'm not able to be in both places at once!

Finally a special set of thank you’s need to be addressed: Jared, Blair, & Coleena: thank you for helping me plan the workouts, scoring, logistics, Facebook play-by-plays, grilling the food, running clocks, moving equipment, gathering volunteers, execution, and everything else. Without you guys, I would’ve gone crazy. We could not have had such an awesome day without all of you!

Thank you all that showed up and/or supported in one way or another and I hope to see you ready to fight for a W at VERSUS III: The Return of the Golden Hammer.

----

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS:
  • MOBILITY classes this week will be Tuesday at both 7am and 6:30pm.
  • We will be closed on Thanksgiving Day. We will run a limited schedule (9am, 10am, 11am classes only) on Friday 11/29 and Saturday 11/30.
  • The Stand Up For Kids food drive continues though Monday 12/2. Please donate any non-perishables you might have left after this weekend!
  • It’s supposed to be Max Week! But since you should’ve participated in VERSUS the body should be feeling a little beat. That and with Thanksgiving breaking up the second half of the week, we’re going to push the majority of the tests to next week.
  • You have a handful of fellow athletes running the Seattle Marathon (and Half Marathon) this coming Sunday! Come out and support if possible. We’ll have more details about that later in the week!
----

WOD for Thanksgiving Week 11/25

STRENGTH

establish a 3RM back squat within 15 minutes

SKILL

3 attempts to find your best effort L-sit/L-hang

CONDITIONING

500m row for time.

Post results to whiteboard/comments/Cody.

----

----

No comments: