Monday, July 1, 2013

Celebrating Life

birthday girl dancing!

Today's work is dedicated to both Sheena C who celebrates her 27th birthday, as well as Colin F who just graduated his Family Medicine Residency.

the graduate reaching for the stars!

Send them good vibes!

----

We had an important email sent out to everyone. Please check your inboxes as it pertains to your membership. As always, let us know if you have any questions!

----

WOD for Monday 7/1

STRENGTH

back squat 3x10

CONDITIONING

"JULY BABIES"

3 rounds for time:
13 ground-to-overhead, 45/30kg
28 situps
100m farmers walk, 48kg/32kg

At the end of the 3 rounds, finish with 32 burpees.

Post time to whiteboard/comments/Cody.

----

I started working out at Foundation CrossFit during the last year of my family medicine residency and I wish I had started on my first day instead. It took some time to find a four week period where I could complete the Foundations course, but I was motivated by the need to incorporate movement, strength, and training back into my life. 
I had tried on many occasions to work out on my own but I always plateaued, got bored, and quit. My body has felt so much better and more engaged during the last year; I am excited (and often nervous) to come work out. I appreciate the constant support and skills from Andrew, Sheena, Paolo, Zeb, Blair, Tony, and Amy. It has been a pleasure to work out in such a inviting community, fostering the development of athletic prowess and emphasizing health as a component of daily life.
Thanks for such kind words Colin! We're happy to have the likes of you and Eli as part of the family!

----

No comments: