Monday, March 26, 2012

Big Climb 2012


Congratulations to 'Team Die Hard' representing FCF, as well as all the other folk who were in other teams! These brave souls raised money for Leukemia, Lymphoma, Hodgkin's, and myeloma research and finished 69 flights of stairs to reach the observation tower in the tallest building in Seattle.

Results here.

----

WOD

5 rounds for time:
11 overhead squats, 60/45kg
11 toes-to-bar
11 dips

Post results to comments!

----

The CrossFit Games Open is now over! For the newcomers: how was this experience? For the seasoned vets: how did this compare to before?

Regionals will be up next on the weekend of May 25th-27th, and while we don't have anyone participating we'll definitely be there to support our fellow CrossFit community as well as watch some of those NW beasts tearing it up!

----

3 comments:

moravion said...

The games was humbling to say the least. Looking forward to getting back to a normal training routine.

Jake said...

Many, many thanks to my fellow climbers and everyone who came out to support the FCF team at Big Climb! I'm proud to have ascended with some truly awesome athletes, and I'm really grateful to all of you for continuing to foster an incredibly strong sense of community and family! Also, while I missed the Open, I saw some really inspiring achievements. Great job to everyone who partook for their determination, bravery and general asskickery!

Sheena said...

Congrats to everyone who participated in the Open and Big Climb
!

I had a lot of fun with this years Open, I think more than last year because I've gotten better with certain skills. I felt I had pretty consistent scores for my athletic ability. Next year we should round up a team to compete and see if we can make it to Regionals!! :)

Finished the WOD today in 17:something -- used 35kg for OHS and ring dips. Oh and 60kg for back squat beforehand. I've been usin the wide(r) stance with squats lately and it seems to be working well so far.