Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Go Jo Go!

from Jeff:

Jo took another step down the path to the London Olympics this summer by adding two more National Championship titles to her 2012 collection over the weekend. She prevailed in both the 20KPoints Race and 10K Scratch Race at the National Track Championships in Invercargill, New Zealand. Jo won the National Omnium title earlier in the season bringing her total to 3 national titles. The points race is 80 laps of the 250 meter track with the riders sprinting every 10 laps for points – 1st four places scoring 5, 3, 2, and 1 respectively. If a rider gains a lap it is worth 20 points. Highest point total at the end wins. The scratch race is a straight up 40 lap race – first one across the line wins.

Jo in NZ

Jo now heads to London for World Cup #4 next weekend and the opportunity to ride on the Olympic track for the first time. The World Championships are early April in Melbourne, Australia and the New Zealand Olympic Cycling team will be named after that event.

Check out the backyard CF training! Also notice the bricks missing from the house as a result of all the earthquakes in Christchurch.

Communique #81
Event 29 - WE Women 20km Points Final:

Rank - Rider - Points

1. Jo KIESANOWSKI 27
2. Rushlee BUCHANAN 16
3. Sequoia COOPER 13
4. Gemma DUDLEY 9
5. Elizabeth STEEL 8

Communique #116
Event 46 - WE Women 10km Scratch Final

Rank - Rider

1. Jo KIESANOWSKI
2. Kathryn JONES
3. Gemma DUDLEY
4. Rushlee BUCHANAN
5. Sequoia COOPER

----

WOD

power clean 3x3RM

then

10-to-1 reps for time:
[kettlebell movement]
burpees

Warmup to your 3RM power clean. Complete three sets at working weight. For the second part, choose a kettlebell movement you enjoy! Some examples might include swings, cleans, snatches, presses, push presses, floor presses, TGU, situps, windmills, etc.

Post results to comments!

----


----

6 comments:

BCS said...

GO JO!

Well, I didn't get to lift, but I ripped out the WOD after the 7am.

10:09

I did 16kg Clean and press. Once I failed out on both sides with the press I switched to push press. Didn't need to modify to push jerking.

One thing I did was start all the odd number series (9, 7, 5, etc) on my weak side. Even series started on my strong arm (10, 8, 6, etc). Because I switched arms on every rep, this meant I got more work in on my weak side (thereby making it less weak).

Sheena said...

Wow Jo!! That's awesome!! Jeff -- be sure to send her our well wishes and good luck!

3x3 -- 50kg

Got 2 reps with 55kg but I think I psyched myself out a bit. Felt great to work on technique though.

Used 16kg kettlebell for goblet squat in the WOD. Back and hammies are pretty worked up after yesterday. I should've thought of a different movement other than the squat since i still felt the burn. Ah well. 7:40

Lee said...

i felt great and had good form with the clean until 55kg, then everything fell apart. nothing felt right, form was off and just couldnt get rid of that mental block. just an off day and my back was really sore from yest.

did KB swings at 20kg. 9:08.

Lee

BCS said...

So I ended up jumping in to some power cleans at SLU with the evening classes.

55kg. Probably not my max, but felt good.

Haddad said...

Got 90 x 3 on the power clean (managed 2 at 95. Damn form. I need to get UNDER the bar.)

Then did KB snatches at 24kg. Got it in 9:09 or so.

Adam said...

Went for a 30 min run in the window of sun. Later hit the conditioning piece. 7:36 DBL 12kg KB front squats.