Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The 2013 CrossFit Games Open Is Upon Us...



For those officially participating and representing Foundation CrossFit: WE SALUTE YOU.

This week's first Throwdown will occur this Friday night at CrossFit SLU at 7 pm. Details will come with tomorrow's post after the CGO 13.1 announcement.

If you cannot make that week's particular throwdown let me know personally.

For everyone else: you have until Sunday to register!

----

WOD for Wednesday 3/6

STRENGTH

snatch balance 15 x 1

Your 15 sets begin as soon as you add weight to the barbell.


CONDITIONING

"PANIC BREATHING"

This is a partner WOD. The team will perform a 5-1 row. Alternating one after the other, partners will perform time trial rows: 500/500, 400/400, 300/300, 200/200, 100/100. Every row is to be performed at MAX intensity. While one partner is rowing the other will be “resting”.

The “rest” is completed with two kettlebells in the rack* position (24/16kg). The “resting” partner will rack the bells at the beginning of their partner’s row and will unrack them at the end of the row. Unracking of bells before the end of the row results in a 5 burpee penalty for every offense.

This workout is courtesy Old Country Iron Club

Compare to 09JAN2013. Post biggest snatch balance and time to whiteboard.

----

A former athlete (and intern) sends her regards and a request!
Dear Friends,
I have been accepted to do a work/study at Esalen Institute as well as to attend (and participate in!) The Tin House Writer's Workshop this summer. All the details are here: http://anastasiaselby.blogspot.com/2013/02/anas-summer-adventures.html I have begun work on my memoir about my relationship with my mom and her suicide. This summer will be a big part in me working through a lot of writing and spiritual stuff. 
I have raised $500 towards my goal. I have $2000 more to go. 
This is a shameless (okay, I feel a little ashamed) plug for donations of any kind to help me cover airfare/room and board/fees. The details, as well as a donation button, are on my blog at the link above. I appreciate if you can donate what you can spare. Thank you!
If you know anyone that would be interested in donating, please feel free to forward this. 
Love,
Ana
Help her out here!


----

No comments: