Monday, April 11, 2011

Essie's Birthday

Standards for today:

Mandy

 Situp: bumper is locked out overhead, vertical torso, and head through the window.

Alex B

Swing: wider-than-normal stance, the bump goes all the way overhead.

Cheryl

Overhead lunges: vertical torso, slight tilt of the bumper

BCS 

Broad jump: facing the bumper, chest touches the deck and then jump forward over it.

----

WOD







"HBD Essie"

3 rounds for time:
30 overhead bumper situps
30 bumper swings
30 overhead bumper lunges
30 burpee broad jumps

Rx = 20/10kg, SupeRx = 25/15kg.




Post results to comments!











----

Like box jumps, running and more box jumps? How about box jumps, running and burpees?

Our buddies over at Outer Edge CrossFit in Mill Creek are running the St. Jude Challenge on April 16th for a great cause. I think we should have some athletes represent...


Click the link for more details. Anyone interested?

----

5 comments:

T said...

Happy Birthday Essie,

As a gift, I gave you the contents of my stomach...twice. Thanks for the ab workout.

xoxo,
Tyr

BCS said...

Thanks for the birthday WOD Essie! I got a PR on my handstand (2:01), and then got crushed by the workout.

Hope you had an amazing b-day

essie said...

I'm sure I will have a response that is more apropos on your own birthday. For now, "Thanks, Tyr!" will have to do. :]

happies,
-essie

(Also, hope you feel better now...)

Sheena said...

Tyr you're so sweet!

Happy Birthday Sarah! :)

My time at rx was 24:01. Thanks for taking us to the park for some sun and turf!

essie said...

Thanks, Blair and Sheena! You ladies are the stuff of aspiration...

Oh yeah!:

- rx @ 19:07 , and fittingly covered in bruises.

- Then, my first (finally) happy birthday kick-up handstand :D