Friday, March 18, 2011

Rockstar Adonis x FCF

A Craig Nisperos original



Big thanks to Craig, JR Celski, and Christian "DJ Reminiss" Zabala for such an awesome production.

----

WOD

as many rounds as possible in 10 minutes:
30 double unders
15 ground-to-overhead, 35/25kg

Post results to comments!

See you how stack up to the rest of the CrossFit world here.

----

CrossFit Lisbeth says "Do It Badly":

Do it badly, then do it better.

Stop obsessing that your form is not perfect all the time. Do it badly, then do it better.

Women, especially: Quit your bitching and obsessing and worrying about what your girlfriends are doing in this WOD. Put more weight on that bar and fail. Pick up the heavier kettlebell and f*** up that swing. Show me the shi****** pull-ups on the face of this CrossFit earth. Push yourself hard enough that things start to look like crap. Then, focus and get your form right. Grow stronger. Then, push again. Then, get it right again.

See, a lot of women have this issue: “I want to make sure I’m doing it right” turns into “I don’t want to go heavier/faster because I’m afraid I’ll do it wrong then.” And this limits their progress. How many women have you watched fail at a lift and then turn around and say, “Sorry.” Sorry? For what? You just tried and failed? I’m PROUD of you!

Men? Most of them just plow ahead. That’s what I love about guys. They’ll toss 50 more pounds on the bar when they should add 10. They’ll pull up until their hands bleed and break their noses on the push jerk and smash a foot through the sheetrock with an aggressive running handstand. Total train wrecks sometimes and yet just pure awesome energy and confidence.

Women, catch that energy and that attitude. Please. Be a train wreck sometimes.
You could do so much more if you would just get your own head out of the way.
Just like in the press: Get your head out of the way. Doing it badly first is okay. At least you’re doing it. Then make it better.

Go put a foot through the wall today. Drop the barbell. Mess something up. It’ll be okay. In fact, it will be fun.

----

2 comments:

BCS said...

Nice post. I think it's always good to get a reminder to push ourselves and not always stick with the safe weights. Both guys and girls alike sometimes like to hang out with 'comfortable' weights. Or because they are trying to think so much about a movement they don't feel it. Thankfully I have great people around me who won't let me sally out on weights, even when I feel like it.

Hike up your knee socks, get aggressive, stomp some feet, yell, and move heavy weights.

Sheena said...

Awesome video! Awesome link... and I second what Blair said! :)

FUN WOD! I got4 rds + 30 double unders, 2 ground-to-overhead... want to see if I can get the full 5! After I get over this cold of course...