Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Sodaholics

My name is Toni, and I’m a SODAHOLIC...

the devil's drink

As far back as I can remember I had a Coca Cola in my hand or baby bottle. I don’t ever remember drinking water as a kid unless it had Kool Aid in it with tons of sugar. I was a pretty active kid, I never played video games and we were always outside from dawn til dusk. In high school I was a three sport varsity athlete so I stayed lean and active all year including the summer when I played in volleyball tournaments every weekend. I would probably consume at least  three to four 44oz sodas a day and in the summertime it was more. Circle K! Super Big Gulps! Refills only $0.35!! I never thought anything about it being bad for me because it tasted so good and I never felt bad when I drank it.

I remember trying to quit several times throughout my twenties because I eventually weighed 330 lbs after I stopped being active and bet that at least half of my calorie consumption was liquid. I couldn’t have a soda without eating something with it and vice versa. When I’d try to go without I usually failed because of the headaches or the convenience of sodas. Trying to being more ‘healthy’ I switched to Diet Coke and lost 20 pounds within a month. I was convinced I was doing a good thing by drinking soda with no calories. I didn’t realize that I still craved the same junk food with the soda…. Come on, you soda drinkers know that pizza isn’t good without a soda! And greasy hamburgers are so much better with a coke in hand!…

Read the rest here on the Journaling Challenge Blog.

----


WOD

"HELEN"

3 rounds for time:
400m run
21 kettlebell swing, 24/16kg
12 pullup

Actively pulling the kettlebell down cycles allows for more work to be done faster.

compare to 26JUL2010 or 16JUN2010.


----


Be lucky (and CrossFitting doesn't hurt either!)

No comments: