Thursday, February 3, 2011

Living more

Ced made an awesome blog.

@ FGB5

Jason E co-created an awesome startup company.

post-Warrior Dash 2010

from The Living More Project:
[...]
While car pooling to an event I randomly ended up riding in the car of Jason Evans, eventually I asked him the question and for the first time I heard a new answers, "I work with my best friends on a project I'm passionate about, every day I wake up excited, I do what I do because I love it, I have a great life!" I was hooked, I needed to learn more and Jason was kind enough to share his story. He’s in his early 30’s, loves how he spends his days, works with his best friends and is changing the way the world produces electricity.
So... how’d he do it? He and his best-friends saved up as much as they could, quit their jobs and started a project they’re passionate about; building large-scale solar power plants at his start-up, TUUSSO energy. 
Here’s the story in his words...
“Six years ago I was a patent attorney working relatively long hours and not enjoying life. Work was work, and I viewed it primarily as a means to an end.
[...]
So... I feel extremely lucky. I love my work, spend my days solving interesting problems with my best friends, do what I believe in and make a good living. And you know what... everyday I wake up excited and happy to tackle my work, in a way that I never would have felt punching the clock for someone else.”
Get to know these two awesome people (and athletes) by reading the rest here.

----

WOD

for time:
5k run


compare to 03JUN2010.

results here.

----

Homework from Ced: Why do you do what you do?
  • Here's a homework assignment, spend 15 minutes thinking about why you do what you do, write down the top 3 reasons.
  • Ask a few of your closest friends the question.
  • How does your reason compare to theirs?
  • How does your reason compare to Jasons?
  • How far would you go to love what you do everyday?

1 comment:

Broadcast Coffee said...

WTH! :) Good job Jeff... until next time my friend.