Thursday, February 17, 2011

Freestyle jump roping

Let's start with an embarrassing throwback video!

Foundation CrossFit: Double-Unders from Andrew Bueno on Vimeo.


When jumproping for warming up, you can do a bunch of different techniques to keep things varied. Here's a reposted video that's too awesome to forget.



Check out some crazier routines.

----

WOD

for time:
100 double unders
50 one-arm squat snatches, 45/25#
100 double unders

Rx+ = 20/16kg kb. SupeRx = 20/15kg barbell.

compare to 24MAR2010 or 22FEB2010results here.

Keep your arms relaxed and slightly in front of your body when you jump rope. Good double-undering is about jumping high enough while quickly twisting your wrists as soon as you leave the ground.

----

Are you a fan of Ipanema Brazilian Grill downtown? Like the rodizio?

(I just bought 5!)


Click to check out the deal!

5 comments:

Sheena said...

Hahaha @ that video! The gym walls look so CLEAN!

Pao said...

I've never been to Ipanema! Time for a FCF field trip :) ~Amelia

Jake said...

Wow..that video is ancient..I'm proud to say my double unders look much better now.

Pao said...

me too Jake. I think I had <10 consecutive during the filming of that video
-(the real) Pao

Margaret said...

Haha! Old school! So glad I can keep my double unders in one place now!