Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Celebrating dedication!

Celebrate the end of the Journaling Challenge this weekend at The Elysian Brewery at 12:30pm after the 11am WOD. Everybody (including non-participants) is invited to hang out and have a good time!

----

WOD

"FIGHT GONE BAD"

per CrossFit.com:

In this workout you move from each of five stations after a minute. This is a five-minute round from which a one-minute break is allowed before repeating. We've used this in 3 and 5 round versions. The stations are:
  • wall ball, 20# to 10'/14# to 9'
  • (dual kettlebell) sumo-deadlift high pull, 16/12kg
  • box jump, 20/16"
  • push press, 35/25kg
  • row (for calories)
The clock does not reset or stop between exercises. On call of "rotate," the athlete/s must move to next station immediately for good score. One point is given for each rep, except on the rower where each calorie is one point.

compare to 25SEP2010 or 14JUN2010.

Did you push it like these folk?



What did YOU score? Post results to comments.

----

Check out the following Mobility WOD links to see how much mobility plays into your movement efficiency.
Go get you some supple musculature. Huzzah!

3 comments:

Ryan said...

Score: 214.

Here's my question to FCF and others: what do you do when you feel like you've reached a plateau and you're not making progress anymore? I've come home from my last few workouts thinking that I should have done better... and, well, it has me feeling frustrated.

AB said...

I would ask what your goals were

then I'd ask what are you doing to reach them.

Anonymous said...

Ryan, I've felt the same way a few times.

I think there are several things to consider:
- I used to always get frustrated if I didn't PR or didn't do as well as I planned. But then I considered each day there are many factors that will affect performance. Mentally you could have had a stressful day at work or you might not be in the zone when you get to the box. Physically you might not have gotten enough sleep/recovery time, not have eaten right, worked out the same muscle groups hard the day before. Because of this there are days I know I am pumped up and I am going to try as hard as I can to get a PR and there are days when I will come in and put a solid effort in and am happy with what I get regardless. On days when I am not 100% I often set a side goal like I am never going to let my reps fall below 15 on each leg of the FGB workout.
- As Andrew said you need to know what your goals are and what you are doing to reach them. If you are trying to work on a specific skill or hit a PR in a specific workout you will probably want to spend time working on it outside of the WODs. I suck at double unders so I am trying to remember to always do some double unders pre or post workout everyday.
- If you keep working hard you will probably surprise yourself. You may be improving in ways you are not thinking about. Do you have more energy throughout the day? Are you gaining flexibility? Is your form better? I've started to notice improvements that aren't necessarily reflected on the scoreboard.

Bottom line if you have a positive attitude and put in the effort you should be happy with your performance and progress will come naturally.