Monday, June 7, 2010

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

Our Week #3 winner was Danielle. She won a $50 gift card to Purple Cafe/Barrio.



What is your secret to success? My secret is my competitive nature. Seriously, though, knowing I am accountable for what I eat has kept me on the straight and narrow (for the most part). Meal planning is also essential - I try to prepare some snacks / meals on Sundays for the week.

What is your favorite cure for a sugar, bread and/or alcohol craving? My standby for a sugar craving is fruit - I love watermelon and berries. There is nothing that can replace bread! I just stopped buying it. My alcohol consumption hasn't changed much pre-challenge. I usually try to limit it to once / week (unless I am on vacation!)

What's your favorite go-to snack or meal? I really like raw peppers as a snack (Thanks Tony!). And I find eggs to be relatively quick and easy to prepare. I particularly enjoy my eggs with avocado and lots of salsa!

What has been the biggest and/or hardest change for you? The hardest change for me has been: how do I replace the calories I was getting from milk (in my daily latte) and grains pre-challenge in a way that is filling? I wasn't eating a significant amount of dairy / grains, but if you add it up, it is probably 350-500 calories / day. Veggies and protein seem to work the best.

Do you feel any different? If so, how? To be honest, I don't feel that much different. I would say I am even more aware of what I am putting in the body and am getting better at monitoring what will make me feel good (veggies, protein, a little fruit) and what makes me feel icky (nut & sugar overload).

Anything else you want to add? I try to eat healthy most of the time, and if I have a slip, that's okay - there's always my next meal to get back on track.

Our winner of Week #4 was Alina. She won a $70 gift card to Banya 5.


What is your secret to success? Staying away from temptation and planning ahead! I cleaned out my
entire kitchen and always look up menus before I go out. And always having green tea with me!

What is your favorite cure for a sugar, bread and/or alcohol craving? Dates and larabars! Fresh fruit, too!

What's your favorite go-to snack or meal? Hardboiled eggs and turkey bacon

What has been the biggest and/or hardest change for you? Going to my parent's house because they're amazing cooks and finish every meal with dessert!

Do you feel any different? If so, how? I feel like I have more control maintaining energy. I don't think I'm losing weight but I my running is getting easier!

I'm excited to keep going (especially after a few slips this weekend)!

Our winner of Week #5 was Matt. He won a 16kg Apollo Kettlebell.




What's the secret to your success? My secret to success is always havin something you like to snack on handy. When you get a craving for something you shouldn't have go for your standby instead...

What's your favorite cure for a sugar, bread, or alcohol craving? I'm among the few, and I guess fortunate, group of people who don't get sugar cravings that's often. I'm not sayin I don't like sweets, I just find a piece of fruit makes a good enough substitue. As far as bread and alcohol go, it's hard to find an alternate. Knowing how carb loaded bread is makes it a little easier to avoid. Alcohol is just gonna have to be the reward for a succesful 7 weeks of paleo!!

What's your favorite go-to snack or meal right now? Right now I'm in love with the Unwich from Jimmy John's but my favorite thing to snack on is beef jerky.

What has been the bigger or hardest change for you? The hardest thing to I've had to adjust to is planning for meals. Finding food on the go is very tricky!

Do you feel any different? If so, how? I feel great! Getting started in the mornin has never been easier.

I never thought I would enjoy the diet so much, but I have to say it would be soo much harder if I didn't have Erin to support me! She is so much better at finding recipes and crazy new things to try. Having someone to talk to and share with makes a world of difference!



Our winner of Week #6 could be you. The prizes keep getting better and better!

----

WOD

Washington Sectionals 2010 WOD #3

3 rounds for max reps.
1-minute rounds of:

  • wall ball, 20/14#
  • power snatch, 44/30kg
  • box jumps, 24/20"
  • row (calories)
  • rest
----

Burpee challenge coming this summer...

No comments: