Monday, January 25, 2010

Uh oh!

If you drive, please do not park in the lot as we do not own any of those spots. They are reserved for other businesses. Please park along 11th Ave.



----

WOD

"FILTHY FIFTIES"
for time:
50 box jumps, 24"/20"
50 jumping pullups
50 kb swings, 16kg/12kg
50 walking lunges
50 knees-to-elbows
50 push presses, 20kg/15kg
50 back extensions
50 wall ball shots, 20lbs/14lbs
50 burpees
50 double unders

compare to 23DEC2009.

----

CrossFit Surf City did an Athlete Profile on Tony!


Athlete Profile for Tony Lau
Cross fit-55
 Age:  31
How long have you been Crossfitting for?  1.5 years
How did you find out about Crossfit? 
I was pulled in by my roommate Jay, who has always found new motivations to stay fit and healthy.  After a week of CrossFit, I was hooked.  Today I am lifting more weight and moving faster than ever before.
Favorite WOD or movement: 
Thrusters & burpees!
How do you like to spend your free time? Hobbies?
Sometimes it seems like I've got too many things going on - photography, snowboarding, hiking, biking.  CrossFit has given me the confidence to try out new sports and activities, as well as many adventure and endurance races!
 Career:
1) Aerospace Engineer, The Boeing Company
2) Owner & CEO, Foundation CrossFit
3) Freelance photographer, bartender, etc.


Favorite Zone Food:
Steak & Eggs Benedict (yes, Zone can be delicious!)
Favorite Restaurant:
BOA Steakhouse, or any steakhouse for that matter.
Biggest personal accomplishment from Crossfit or goal you hope to achieve because of Crossfit:
CrossFit has motivated me to learn more about health and fitness as it relates to overall wellness.  I have been inspired by CrossFit so much that I have taken the opportunity to spread the mantra of fitness as a way of life.  I recently opened a CrossFit gym in Seattle, WA with a very good trainer and business partner.  (This way I can help people in two cities at once!) We hope to encourage many people to use CrossFit's functional fitness program to sustain a vigorous, healthy, and rewarding life.  After all, that is my take on CrossFit - it is FITNESS FOR LIFE.
Favorite song to workout to:
Velocity by Extended Famm
Anything else you would like to say about Crossfit/ personal quote:
The most rewarding part about practicing and training CrossFit is bringing out the "Can Do" attitude in people and myself.  That one moment - getting your first pullup, completing your first double-under, or hitting your personal best at weightlifting - opens up a multitude of paths to achievement that have been shut off for so long.  With CrossFit there has been a remarkable improvement in people's lives, and I hope to see those achievements keep piling up for everyone, including myself.
If you are not part of the CrossFit Surf City community (or Foundation CrossFit for those of you in Seattle), you should definitely check it out!

No comments: