Friday, February 10, 2012

Vote For Our Chef!

Vote for Jake, one of our afternoon athletes, is up for a local competition:


Seattle's Hottest Motherf*cking Chef (I fancied it up a bit)


Show your support and vote for the La Bete* chef and fellow CrossFitter!

Vote here: http://seattle.eater.com/archives/2012/02/09/vote-hot-chef-round-7-vorono-thornhill-sexton.php

See La Bete's Yelp! page here: http://www.yelp.com/biz/la-bete-seattle

----

WOD

"ISAGRACE"

for time:
30 snatches, 60/45kg
30 clean & jerk, 60/45kg

or

"ISABEL"

for time:
30 snatches, 60/45kg

or

"GRACE"

for time:
30 clean & jerks, 60/45kg

or

"CGO 11.3"

as many reps as possible in 5 minutes:
1 squat clean, 75/53kg
1 jerk, 75/53kg

Post results to comments and explain why you chose what you did!

----

Pao and I play videogames, then re-enact them!



----

5 comments:

BCS said...

Make sure you watch the video to the very end when AB starts hammering the sled across the gym!

Good luck Jake! Got my vote in.

Anonymous said...

Yeah Jake!

--

Chose Grace this morning (thanks Boudy & the 7AM SHOW for motivating) and felt good about the WOD. I haven't come at a WOD with this much intensity in awhile, so it was good to get my ass kicked.

Missed my PR by 7 seconds but it was only the conditioning that held me back. I was planning to knock out 6 sets of 5 reps, dropping from the top each time but early on I wanted to just keep going and did a few reps unbroken. Breezed through the first 15 reps and the last 15 went by singles or doubles. All but two of the reps were "CF-style" clean and jerk (power landing) barely pausing once the bar got to the shoulders where-as my previous attempt at Grace many of the reps I paused at the shoulders before I (split) jerked.

4:32, RX

Lee said...

Chose Isabel cause I need to work on my snatches. First day back after being sick, still felt a little weak so I did 35kg. 6:30. Felt good until rep 24, then form kinda took a hit - good thing pao got his pics in before that.

Lee

Sheena said...

Chose GRACE hoping for a PR. Did it at women's Rx weight & got 6:18 -- PR is 5:45. I blame the sprints and pistols ;)

Ben B said...

great video. You guys crack me up!