Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Introductions Are In Order






Hi Everybody, 

Although I've met many of you, I wanted to take an opportunity to introduce myself to the Foundation CrossFit community. My name is Adam Wenzel, I'm from Washington and have been into sports, fitness, and martial arts in different times in my life. I was into trail running and started experimenting with interval training but still heavily influenced by the misinformation of bodybuilding techniques...

"Enter CrossFit" (c) AB. I was immediately hooked and started teaching myself as much as I could.  I've been into CrossFit for almost a year and a half now, almost entirely solo at parks, my house, and 24hr Sickness. I was working two full-time serving jobs, including some 12- and 15-hour double shifts, and still managed to cram in WODs before and in-between shifts. I have been unable to stop talking about the improvements I was experiencing -- I found it immensely rewarding and fun to not only do this stuff but teach friends how to do it and even just talk to people about it -- changing their perceptions and paradigms about fitness, what it is and how to achieve it, and nutrition. It's amazing how much misinformation and ignorance is out there, so much more than apathy.

On a philosophical level, I see it as a return to lost humanity. Human beings were never intended to be sedentary, motionless, incapable, lazy, depressed, or debilitated.  Assisting people in returning to functional human beings is deeply meaningful for me.


Although I am CrossFit Level 1 Certified, I have so much to learn and hope to be able to convey the same teachings to you. I can't tell you how excited I am to be here, to study under Andrew (aka The Man, aka Yoda) and Tony (aka Obi-Wan, or Tony-Wan) who are a wealth of information, to be part of this community, to be a part of building this place up, to learn from you all, and to assist you in any way I can towards achieving your goals and a better quality of life. I look forward to meeting and getting to know each and every one of you.

-Adam Wenzel
Foundation CrossFit Trainer

4 comments:

Tony Lau said...

Hey everyone, please join me in welcoming Adam to the team! He has been diligently helping out wherever and whenever he can, and is learning what it takes to become a trainer at FCF. He is a great learner and has demonstrated a great ability to teach others. With a little more time under his belt, I am confident he will integrate seamlessly into our community at Foundation CrossFit and keep all of you performing at your best!

tita said...

Welcome to the family, Adam! =)

Marc-James said...

Great to see Adam on the FCF team! I've talked to Adam maybe a few times (since I come in during evenings) and can already tell he will be an asset to the team and clients. This guy is strong and knowledgeable! I look forward to working out with you!

Sheena said...

Awesome. Really excited for you Adam, congrats!