Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy 2010

The only classes tomorrow, Friday 1/1/2010, will be at 5:30pm and 6:30pm. Please RSVP if you plan to come by.



Happy 2010! It's been a long, arduous road for us here at FCF. We thank each and every one of you that has helped us get to where we are now. We're in our third box (they keep getting bigger) and it's only getting better! Let's make the best out of this new year!

----

WOD

come to the gym to see!

----

AOD

Nintendo Wii Fit Has Little Impact on Fitness

REALLY?! I was actually about to sell all the equipment we have and then buy tvs and Wiis. Screw CrossFit when we can run Wii Sports Resorts classes. [/sarcasm]


hula hoop > total body > Wii Fit

In all seriousness, I say if it gets a couch potato standing and moving it's better than nothing. If it makes them move for 22 minutes, it's better than if they never moved at all. And let's make it clear that walking to the kitchen to eat again does not count as activity. If someone is capable of more- let's say something that makes them sweat and breathe vigorously- then they should be doing more of that and using the Wii for what it's made for: VIDEOGAMES. Not fat loss. Not muscle gain. Not performance. We're only looking at one part of the equation anyway. Where's the nutritional guidance?

I play videogames all the time. It will NEVER take the place of using my body. No way in h-e-double-hockey-sticks will videogames provide me with the ability to lift heavy items, turn my body around comfortably to check my blindspots when driving, hop a fence, climb a tree, do a back flip, or move furniture. Nor will it increase my energy levels, give me better sleep, keep me truly happy or let me live a long, prosperous life.

Regarding your body, "use it or lose it". Videogames provide entertainment, not fitness and definitely not health.

No comments: