Tuesday, December 22, 2009

2 Weeks Left For the SRTWC!

Sheena's Corner

Ah, the Tasty Tuesday before Christmas! I hope you all have a wonderful time spent with family & friends this season. Once Friday passes, New Years will be just around the corner. What are your fitness/nutrition resolutions or goals for the year 2010?

Here's something to consider: intermittent fasting, or IF.

From Fitness Spotlight:
For those that may not be familiar to the term, intermittent fasting is just taking times of fast (no food) and working them into your lifestyle. This can be either daily or a couple times a week (will get into that more below). Benefits include improving insulin resistance (which you will hear alot about as being the #1 key marker in so many health factors including weight loss, muscle gain, performance, recovery, anti-ageing and disease prevention) and giving the body a chance to do some internal cleaning (or housework), which can lead to improved immune function and overall health.
READ THE REST HERE.

Usually I am a bit skeptical about any type of fasting - I love food way too much, but earlier this year when FCF held the Get Right For Summer Challenge Andrew V. suggested that I try it out since I had been skipping out on breakfast (whoops! I was working a 9-5 job and getting up early was rough hehe.. wait, no excuses!!). I blogged my sleep, nutrition, and workouts and noted what days I decided to IF. Since it was new to me I tried it out 2x/week then gradually moved to 3x/week once my body got used to it. Results showed quickly and I was convinced it worked. This will greatly benefit people who want to LEAN out and/or detox. Andrew B. says that you should always try Paleo and/or Zone before going on an IF stint. He says it's a difficult and can possibly negate progress if done incorrectly. But I guess that goes with any nutritional plan!

----


WOD

"FRAN"
21-15-9 reps for time:
thrusters 45kg/30kg
pullups



I want you all to know my stance on the thruster:

(this is NOT work/family safe)


----

QOD



After the grand opening, would you be ready for a Paleo challenge? We'd have everyone throw money into a pot and the winners (one lady, one gentleman) would split the pot and receive a free unlimited month. I would break down some semi-finalists and then you would all vote for the winners. Sound good? Who's up for it?

2 comments:

Margaret said...

Yup. February Paleo challenge. I'm in!

RS said...

Paleo challenge would be good.