Friday, November 13, 2009

CF T-shirts

CrossFit t-shirts are badges of honor. There's even a CrossFit Journal article about it:

...

My quest for real fitness eventually led me to the CrossFit main site, and as my journey progressed, I was given my first affiliate shirt. That's right, the mythical GSX shirt with Melissa Byers on the back doing a pull-up in a mini-skirt, with "Got Pull-Up?" on the front. Straight to the deep end.

I loved that shirt and felt like I earned it with blood, sweat and tears. You couldn’t buy it. No way, dude. You had to fight for it or know someone. How cool is that?

I quickly found that wearing the shirt would encourage people to ask me about it. Here was my chance to spread some love for CrossFit and tell how it can lead you from sickness to wellness to fitness. I was a disciple spreading the word of functional fitness on my back.

You can all relate. Ever see a stranger at a coffee shop or an airport wearing an affiliate shirt? That person probably wasn’t a stranger for long. The ice was broken instantly: “Know my story without hearing a word. See it in my eyes and on my back—we’re of the same tribe.”

...


Click the link above to read the rest. [Sidebar: YOU BETTER HAVE A CFJ SUBSCRIPTION BY NOW!]

I feel almost the same way about t-shirts. They make me feel like I'm embedded deeper in the community.

When traveling, if a CrossFitter brings a t-shirt from their affiliate to a place their visiting, they can usually use that shirt as the drop-in fee. And a number of affiliates prefer t-shirts to $20. I know we do.




JT came to visit from CrossFit Boston and brought a tee to add to the gym's collection. He's worked out with us before and is about to start up an affiliate of his own, CrossFit Fenway. Good luck on your new venture and we'll see you on the mainsite!

If you don't already own one, we still have black American Apparel t-shirts available (S-XL) for $20. We will also be ordering long sleeves and/or sweatshirts soon too! This weather demands it.


Announcing our first Group Intensive Class!
Our first Group Intensive Class is tomorrow, Saturday Nov 14 at 11am! We will focus on the Olympic lifts (clean & jerk, snatch). Usually, these special learning clinics are reserved for 3x/wk and Unlimited members, but tomorrow it's FREE for all members. Want to join in on the fun? RSVP with Andrew by or send an email to andrew@foundationcrossfit.com.

Do you have your Olympic lifts down? Which lift is your favorite? Which modality (barbell, dumbbell, kettlebell, med ball) do you like using the most? Our special Group Intensive classes will be held monthly, and we will cover all those modalities and more!

No comments: