Tuesday, February 3, 2009

My top 3 favorite exercises

No one asked me, but I thought I'd share mine:
  1. SQUAT - Any kind: air squat, back squat (high/low trap), front squat, Zercher, jumps, Pistols, thrusters, etc... All of them are good! They work the entire body and is the most essential human movement.
  2. DEADLIFT - In my opinion it's the biggest indicator of strength. That and it looks really cool when putting up huge weights. It's another essential human movement- we pick things up all the time!
  3. KETTLEBELL SWINGS - Rigid/American/CrossFit or Fluid/Russian- they're both fun to do and a great way to get both a cardiovascular and strength workout done with minimal equipment, time and movement. Athletic performance is usually determined by the strength and flexibility of the hips and posterior chain and KB swings help tremendously.
The top fitness bloggers on the internets share their top 3 exercises.

----

The PULLUP would be my fourth favorite. Here's a great little tutorial video from CrossFit Evolution:

No comments: